Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressings
Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings have been developed to support your efforts in managing both moisture and bacterial balance. The dressing is an open cell polyurethane foam dressing and is impregnated with 0.5% Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB), a highly effective, low toxicity antiseptic. The dressings are effective against gram positive and gram negative bacteria. They also work against fungi and yeast.
|Order Code||Description||Ship Case||HCPCS*|
|55522AMD||Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressing 2" x 2" (5.1 cm x 5.1 cm)||100||A6209|
|55535AMD||Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Fenestrated Foam Dressing 3-1/2" x 3" (8.9 cm x 7.6 cm)||50||A6209|
|55544AMD||Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressing 4" x 4" (10.2 cm x 10.2 cm)||50||A6209|
|55548AMD||Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressing 4" x 8" (10.2 cm x 20.3 cm)||50||A6210|
|55566AMD||Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressing 6" x 6" (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm)||50||A6210|
|55588AMD||Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressing 8" x 8" (20.3 cm x 20.3 cm)||50||A6211|
|55535PAMD||Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Fenestrated Foam Dressing with Top Sheet 3-1/2" x 3" (8.9 cm x 7.6 cm)||50||A6209|
|55544PAMD||Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressing with Top Sheet 4" x 4" (10.2 cm x 10.2 cm)||50||A6209|
* DISCLAIMER: Although the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services was the primary source of the information set forth above, Covidien does not represent or guarantee that the information set forth above is complete, accurate, or applicable to any particular patient or third-party payer. Covidien disclaims all liability for any consequence resulting from any reliance on the information set forth above. The final decision of billing for any product must be made by the health care provider considering the medical necessity of the product furnished as well as the requirements of third-party payers and any local, state, or federal laws and regulations that apply to the product furnished. Covidien is providing this information in an educational capacity with the understanding that Covidien is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. Covidien encourages all health care providers to consult with their own advisors regarding coding and payment.
Features and Benefits
|Provide a balanced environment||Supports a moist and bactericidal environment|
|Employ a unique mode of action||Foam absorbs wound fluid; PHMB binds to foam material and kills bacteria|
|Effective against prevalent bacteria||Effective against gram + and gram - bacteria including: MSRA, VRE, Pseudomonas and Acinetobacter baumannii|
|Effective up to seven days||Proven effective against repeated contamination for up to seven days|
|Cost Effective||Cost less than most antimicrobial treatments and silver dressings|
|Have no known resistance||Have been commonly used for 75 years|
Frequently Asked Questions
|How long can the Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings be used?||The Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings may be used for up to 7 days.|
|Are the Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings considered a barrier?||Yes. The Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings are uniformly impregnated with PHMB throughout the dressing. There are no concerns for bacterial penetration through the dressings or growth within the dressings.|
|How does the Kendall™ AMD foam differ from the other competitors?||Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings are uniquely engineered to simultaneously manage moisture and bacteria thus promoting an ideal, moist wound healing environment. A micro-structured, open-cell surface that absorbs exudate. Vertical wicking action that moves fluid into foam core. A dense core that maximizes retention of exudate. The lower price points (20-30% less than the competition).|
|How does the PHMB in the Kendall™ AMD foam dressings work? ||PHMB binds to bacteria’s phospholipid (outer) membrane. Disrupts membrane, causing cytoplasm to leak out. Bacterial cell’s protective layer disintegrates Bacterial cell collapses and dies. Nothing is left behind to mutate or replicate, so there is no known resistance. PHMB in the dressing continues to provide bacterial protection. |
|Do the Kendall™ AMD foam dressings kill the same bacteria as the traditional AMD antimicrobial dressings? ||Yes. The PHMB destroys Gram+ and Gram- Bacteria, Fungi and Yeast. This includes but is not limited to all of the following: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Vancomycin-resistant enterococcus (VRE), Acinetobacter Baumannii (MDRAB), Clostridium difficile (C. Diff), Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Candida albicans, Staphylococcus coagulase, Proteus mirabilis, Serratia marcescens, Enterobacter cloacae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterococcus faecalis. |
|Are the Kendall™ AMD foam dressings safe like the traditional antimicrobial dressings? ||Yes. PHMB is a safe, stable chemical with over 75 years of commercial use in such products as baby wipes, contact lens solutions and pool cleaners.|
|What is different about the PHMB in the Kendall™ AMD foam antimicrobial foam dressings? ||Only the concentration of the PHMB. The Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings are impregnated with 0.5% PHMB.|
Instructions for Use
Kendall™ AMD Antimicrobial Foram Dressings Instructions for Use
- Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial dressings are indicated for use in management of post-surgical incisions, pressure sores, venous stasis ulcers, diabetic ulcers, donor sites, abrasions, lacerations, 1st and 2nd degree burns, dermatologic disorders, other wounds inflicted by trauma and, as a secondary dressing or cover dressing for packed wounds. It is an ideal dressing in the local management of exudate that may occur at surgically induced body exit sites such as tracheostomy, G-tube, J-tube, Penrose drain, chest tube, nephrostomy tube, sump drain, IV catheters, central venous lines, arterial catheters, dialysis catheters, peripherally inserted coronary catheters, mid-line catheters, externally placed orthopedic pins and epidural catheters.
- Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings are indicated for use in management of post-surgical incisions, pressure ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, diabetic ulcers, donor sites, abrasions, lacerations, 1st and 2nd degree burns, dermatologic disorders, other wounds inflicted by trauma and, as a secondary dressing or cover dressing for packed wounds. It is an ideal dressing in the local management of exudate that may occur at surgically induced body exit sites such as tracheostomy, G-tube, J-tube, Penrose drain, chest tube, nephrostomy tube, sump drain, IV catheters, central venous lines, arterial catheters, dialysis catheters, peripherally inserted coronary catheters, mid-line catheters, externally placed orthopedic pins and epidural catheters.
- For external use only
- Kendall ™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings can be used in conjunction with prescribed therapies for the treatment of infections. Dressings are not intended as a primary treatment for infections; if clinical signs of infection are present, please consult a physician.
- Do not use as a primary treatment for full 3rd degree burns
- Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to PHMB
- Do not use if primary package is damaged
- Do not resterilize
- Single use only