Curity™ Unna Boot Bandage
Curity™ Unna Boot Bandage is formulated with nonhardening zinc oxide paste which allows the bandage to remain flexible.
|Order Code||Description||Ship Case||HCPCS*|
|8033||Curity™ Unna Boot, 3" x 10 yd (7.6 cm x 9.1 m)||12||A6456 |
|8034||Curity™ Unna Boot, 4" x 10 yd (10.2 cm x 9.1 m)||12||A6456 |
|8035||Curity™ Unna Boot with Calamine, 3" x 10 yd (7.6 cm x 9.1 m)||12||A6456 |
|8036||Curity™ Unna Boot with Calamine, 4" x 10 yd (10.2 cm x 9.1 m)||12||A6456 |
* DISCLAIMER: Although the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services was the primary source of the information set forth above, Covidien does not represent or guarantee that the information set forth above is complete, accurate, or applicable to any particular patient or third-party payer. Covidien disclaims all liability for any consequence resulting from any reliance on the information set forth above. The final decision of billing for any product must be made by the health care provider considering the medical necessity of the product furnished as well as the requirements of third-party payers and any local, state, or federal laws and regulations that apply to the product furnished. Covidien is providing this information in an educational capacity with the understanding that Covidien is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. Covidien encourages all health care providers to consult with their own advisors regarding coding and payment.
Features and Benefits
|Formulated with nonhardening zinc oxide paste ||Allows the bandage to remain flexible, encouraging patient ambulation and compliance|
|Gelatin free ||Eliminates the need for preservatives which in turn reduces the chance of adverse skin reactions|
|Soft, Nonraveling, 100% Cotton Gauze||Conforms well to leg contours for a comfortable fit|
|Impregnated equally through out the bandage||Helps deliver firm, even compression therapy for a multitude of bandaging needs|
Frequently Asked Questions
|Is Curity™ Unna Boot Bandage available with calamine?||Yes, in three and four inch|
Instructions for Use
Choose a dressing for directly over the wound that meets absorption needs of the wound, then apply the Unna boot. Remove from packaging. Apply gloves prior to application. Begin wrapping at the base of the toes. Use two circular wraps without tension. Wrap from inside of foot outward. Continue wrapping in a circular or figure of eight pattern. Keep the foot and leg at a 90 degree angle. Overlap each turn by 50%. Cut or trim the bandage to avoid gaps, wrinkles or creases that may become pressure areas under the bandage. Always cover the heel prior to upward wrapping of bandage. Wrap to just below the knee.
Add a secondary dressing of absorbent undercast rolls or Kerlix™ rolls for heavily draining wounds. To apply compression, wrap leg with elastic bandage or cohesive bandage.
- Venous Stasis Ulcers (especially with moist desquamation)
- Lymphatic edema
- Strains, Sprains, and Dislocations
- Peripheral vascular disease or arterial disease with associated low Ankle Brachial Index
- Uncontrolled Congestive Heart Failure
- Active cellulitis
- Infected Wounds